- The riparian vegetation value informing river hydromorphological status is reviewed.
- The WFD-compliant hydromorphological assessments often neglect riparian vegetation.
- Multi-scale Indicators for characterizing riparian vegetation are presented.
- Reference conditions may be addressed by naturalness and artificiality attributes.
- A novel hydromorphological assessment including riparian vegetation is proposed.
This review has been published in Journal of Environmental Management and available here