Michal Slezák, JanDouda, MáriaŠibíková, Ivan Jarolímek, Dušan Senko Richard Hrivnák. Topographic indices predict the diversity of Red List and non-native plant species in human-altered riparian ecosystems. Ecological Indicators, Volume 139, June 2022, 108949 ; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolind.2022.108949
- We used stream power index and topographic wetness index in riparian ecosystems.
- Predictive power of both predictors on species diversity depends on plant groups.
- Diversity patterns for Red List and alien species differ from those for all species.
- Red List species richness peaks at intermediate disturbance and productivity levels.
- River networks with natural flow regime are more resistant to plant invasions.